UNFORGETTABLE QUOTES: Fayose Attacks Buhari Like Never Before As Boko Haram Leader Dares Donald Trump Once Again [Must Read]
Nigeria is passing through a very difficult time economically and politically, so much filters into the media and Nigerians cannot but watch as the drama unfolds.
Below are quotes that speak voraciously of what Nigeria was like in the passing week.
1. “My offence was that I disagreed with him on the amendment of the constitution to remove tenure/term limits or what was popularly called the ‘third term agenda”.
The former vice president has insisted that ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo was pushing to be a lifetime presidency and not just a third term in office, as he would have many believe.
2. ” We would attack three central mosques in the region should soldiers raid Tompolo’s residence again”
A threat by Niger Delta militants to attack three central mosques in the Niger Delta region if soldiers raid Tompolo’s residence again
3. “We are done with Obama, now we’re going to start with Trump. We remain steadfast by our faith and we will not stop. For us, the war has just begun.”
Abubakar Shekau, the leader of the Nigerian jihadist group Boko Haram, has reacted to the election of Donald Trump as the United States president.
4. “When we told Nigerians about two months ago that in another one year, there will be no need for a grain of rice to be imported, some people did not believe us.”
Chief Audu Ogbeh who is the minister of agriculture has declared that Nigeria will soon start exporting high-quality rice to the rest of the world.
5. “Soon, APC will explode and disintegrate because it was founded on deceit. If you are in the Peoples Democratic Party, you are a pen robber, but if you joined the APC, you become a saint automatically.”
Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti state has once again taken a swipe at President Muhammadu Buhari.
6. “I had the opportunity of issuing WAEC certificates to three former Heads of State: Buhari, Abacha and Babangida in the 60s.”
Alex Ajayi, a former registrar of the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has opened up that he issued certificate to Muhammadu Buhari in the 60s.
7. “The entire Adamawa state government is firmly behind the former Vice President; where ever he (Atiku) goes, the state government is behind him.”
The people of Adamawa state have declared support for business mogul and former vice president of Nigeria Atiku Abubakar.
8. “There is no doubt in my mind that, that man is going places and in him the Igbo have an Ojukwu and a Nnamdi Azikiwe all rolled into one. He is destined for greatness.”
Femi Fani-Kayode has revealed what transpired in Kuje prison after he was detained by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on fresh corruption charges.
9. “We are very confident that our modest contributions as articulated below would constitute the panacea to the age long crises”
A new Niger Delta group under the aegis of the Niger Delta Peoples Congress (NDPC) has made a fresh set of demands from President Muhammadu Buhari.
10. “I will end Boko Haram if I were president”
Former vice president Atiku Abubakar has said the Boko Haram insurgency would not take place in the country if he were the president of Nigeria.
11. “Is only in Nigeria I discover that they can play politics with human life”
Nigerians have condemned the country’s military over the demise of another top soldier who was killed by Boko Haram terrorists in Bita on their way to Yola in Adamawa state.
12. “As we struggle to build a law-abiding society and secure progressive outcomes for our people, we cannot allow the triumph on these shores of those who will have us move to a post-factual world” El-Rufai, the governor described Atiku as a liar and that the Adamawa strong man only brought out those allegations to malign his person.