Poultry Farm Jobs In Canada With Visa Sponsorship 2022 | Apply Now
• Organization Name : Riverdale Poultry
• Post Name : Chicken Catcher
• Qualification : 12th Pass, Any Graduate
• Industry : Private
• Employment Type : Full Time
• Work Hours : 8 Hours
• Job Experience : 1 Year
• Salary : CAD 17 To CAD 21 Per Hour
• Location : Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N2A 0E8
1960 Walter Metzger, a renowned Elmira-based entrepreneur who founded the largest egg grading station in Ontario – Metzger Produce, started Riverdale Poultry off the side of his desk / corner of his yard to help processors move live chickens and turkeys from farms to processing plants.
2006 One of Riverdale’s largest customers, Butterball Canada (then owned by P&H Foods), acquired Riverdale Poultry from Walter Metzger.
2018 A transformational year for Riverdale: Acquired GMF Transport Ltd, a large live haul company headquartered in Brampton ON, securing Riverdale’s position as the largest live haul provider in the country. Acquired Hawk Express, a small catching company headquartered in Brantford ON, making Riverdale the third largest catching company in the province.
They are hired by egg farmers to come and empty the barns when the hens are no longer laying enough eggs and the farmer wants to send his birds to slaughter. Chicken-catchers often have difficult working conditions. The average catcher is supposed to catch between 150 and 250 hens per hour in dark and dusty conditions.
A job as a Chicken Catcher falls under the broader career category of Farmworkers, Farm, Ranch, and Aquacultural Animals. … Duties may include feeding, watering, herding, grazing, milking, castrating, branding, de-beaking, weighing, catching, and loading animals.
Attend to live farm, ranch, open range or aquacultural animals that may include cattle, sheep, swine, goats, horses and other equines, poultry, rabbits, finfish, shellfish, and bees. Attend to animals produced for animal products, such as meat, fur, skins, feathers, eggs, milk, and honey.
Duties may include feeding, watering, herding, grazing, milking, castrating, branding, de-beaking, weighing, catching, and loading animals. May maintain records on animals; examine animals to detect diseases and injuries; assist in birth deliveries; and administer medications, vaccinations, or insecticides as appropriate. May clean and maintain animal housing areas. Includes workers who shear wool from sheep and collect eggs in hatcheries.
Here are examples of responsibilities from real catcher resumes representing typical tasks they are likely to perform in their roles.
• Scan product using a RF scanner.
• Select and match products using RF scanners.
• Organize the bullpen schedule for pitches before minor league baseball games.
• Record data, numbers, and quota’s daily for product run.
• Use assign communication equipment to effectively communicate with excavators, utility reps, and company personnel, regarding underground facilities.
• Work for a company name Grainger through Adecco assisting with a security detail during the pope’s visit to Philadelphia.
Chicken Catcher Skills
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
• Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• we do not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
• Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
• Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
• Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.