The recent divorce saga between founder of Believers Love World, a.k.a. Christ Embassy, Rev. Chris Oyakhilome, and his wife, Rev. Anita Odegwa Oyakhilome, has been trending online. Below are some interesting things you will like to know about Anita Oyakhilome:
1. Anita is a pioneer member of the ministry: She was among those who started the ministry which used to be a campus fellowship, known as Believer’s Love World Fellowship, BLW (now Believers’ LoveWorld Inc.) at Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma in Edo State.
2. She met her husband, Pst Chris, at the University: She reportedly became a born-again Christian at the BLW Campus Fellowship, where Chris was still a pastor in the late 1980s.
3. She got married to Pastor Chris Oyakilome in 1991: They got married 23 years ago in Lagos and their union is blessed with two daughters, Sharon and Charlyn.
4. Anita is a gifted writer: Besides the ministry’s daily devotional, Rhapsody of Realities, which is now in over 250 languages all over the world, Anita has written many Christian books with her husband like: Don’t Pack Your Bags Yet, Confession For living, a Handbook For Successful Living, Unending Springs of Joy, and many more.
5. Pastor Anita is a member of the Central Executive Council: The Central Executive Council is the governing body-of the ministry. She is also a registered trustee of BLW in the UK and most likely in Nigeria.
6. She is a half cast: Anita has dual citizenship, born of a Nigerian father, Mr. John U. Ebhodaghe, OFR, former MD/CEO of Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), and a Swiss mother. She is the first daughter in a family of five.
7. She has an impeccable dress sense: She does not joke with her appearance as she has severally been adjudged by many as one of the best dressed Nigerian women.
8. She was the Director of Christ Embassy International Office: Anita used to head the church in the United Kingdom and also oversees other churches there and beyond.
9. Anita only visits Nigeria twice in a year: Before the marital crisis, she was living apart from her husband in the UK with her children, over-seeing the church there. She only visits Nigeria during BLW’s annual PPCF which holds in the Lagos Mother church and December 7, her estranged husband’s birthday.
10. She is a graduate of English Language from Ambrose Alli University,formerly Edo State University, Ekpoma. News of the divorce between Pastor Chris and Anita Oyakhilome surfaced on August 29. Rev. Anita had filed a divorce suit at a UK court to end their 20-year-old marriage.
She said through her lawyers that she is done with Pastor Chris and there’s no hope of reconciliation.
Pastor Chris who finally spoke on the divorce suit, on the evening of Sunday, September 7, during the monthly global communion service of the church, said it is not biblical to divorce, but if his wife insists on it, he could consider it as an option.