2019 DRD Scholarships for sub Saharan Africans are currently available for international students who are ready to take this great opportunity to achieve their academic excellence today
Deadline: 30 June/30 Nov 2019 (annual)
Study in: South Africa/Germany
Course starts Jan-May 2020
The DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year for applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record, to pursue development-related Masters and PhD studies.
2019 DRD Scholarships
University of the Western Cape, South Africa/Ruhr-Univeristy Bochum, Germany
Field of study:
Scholarships are available for full-time students of:
• MA in Development Studies
• Master in Public Administration
• the different PhD options at the centre (PhD UWC)
• the MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme, next deadline 30 November 2019 – separate online application platform, access and guidelines via “How to apply” section of the Bochum programme or via the course homepage) 2019 DRD Scholarships
Number of Awards:
The scholarships are intended for nationals of Sub-saharan African countries. 2019 DRD Scholarships
Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates. Tuition and registration fees are covered by the Scholarship Programme. 2019 DRD Scholarships
Scholarship applicants are advised to carefully read about the specific entry requirements and course application procedure of the programme of their choice. The information is available from the respective programmes sections. In addition to programme requirements, all applicants have to meet the following requirements:
2019 DRD Scholarships
• Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
• Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% average for your last degree
• The study must have been completed at an internationally recognised university
• The previous degree should have been an academic discipline which is related to Developement Studies
• South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Ohter students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree.
• Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
• Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
• There is no formal age restriction, but applicants should apply within three years of completing their previous degree, unless they have a good reason for having been academically inactive for a period
• Women are encouraged to apply
• South African students are encouraged to apply
• Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
The information on “How to apply” for the Master in Development Studies, the Master in Public Administration and the respective PhD options can be found in the respective “How to apply” sections of each programme. 2019 DRD Scholarships
Applications can only be submitted by using the online application form, which is as well available in the respective “How to apply” sections. Applications via hardcopy or email are not eligible. The deadline is 30 June 2019. 2019 DRD Scholarships
It is important to visit the official website to access the electronic application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Meanwhile; the couple has overcome difficult times through their love and resiliency, and their new child is proof of their strong relationship. A fresh chapter of love and happiness begins for them with the birth of this adorable newborn boy as they once more embrace parenting.
Davido, fondly known as OBO (Omo Baba Olowo – Son of a Rich Man), took to social media to share the delightful news with his fans and followers. Congratulatory messages have been pouring in from all corners, with fans expressing their excitement and happiness for the couple. Continue reading here